If you are wondering how to make money online, you’re in luck. There are plenty of ways to accrue extra income, including online, through remote work and by utilizing phone apps that can help make you money. Knowing how to make extra money fast can help you build your savings or have extra spending money when you need it most.
You can earn extra cash in several ways, such as by selling items on Craigslist or eBay, selling photos to photo agencies or renting out a spare room. If you are interested in investing a little time after work or on the weekends a few days a week, remote part-time jobs offer several benefits, including the ability to create your own schedule around the work schedule that you already have.
Making Money Online
If you are looking for ideas to make money, you may want to explore creative options that you may not have thought of before. There are many creative ways to make money, depending on your skills, availability and situation.
Additionally, there are now a number of free phone apps that are designed to help you earn a little extra income. These apps make money through promotions or by gathering your opinion on various surveys. A portion of that income is than passed down to you for your participation.
Phone Apps That Make Money
If you are looking for real ways to make money from home, it is worth knowing that there are a number of phone apps that you can take advantage of in order to make extra income each month. You can earn extra cash on your phone using the following apps:
- iPoll. Available for Android and iOS, this app allows you to take a variety of surveys on your smartphone in order to earn rewards. Reward options include cash, gift cards, airline miles and even magazine subscriptions. Filling out online surveys for money does not provide a lot of cash right away. However, if you fill out enough surveys each week, you will start seeing results.
- Swagbucks. Swagbucks is an app that rewards you for completing surveys, searching the web, voting in daily polls, completing special offers and entering contests through the Swagbucks blog and social media.
- Slidejoy. Passive income apps are a great way to make extra income, as they require little to no effort. Available for android devices, the Slidejoy app pays you to allow ads on your android phone. Each time you check your phone, you will see promotions, news stories or other advertisements. You can swipe left to learn more about the advertisement or swipe right to use your phone.
- Pact. Pact is available for both iOS and Android devices. This app assists users in achieving health and fitness goals by offering small monetary rewards, depending on the number of activities that the user completes each week.
Websites Where You Can Post Your Availability for Jobs
When searching for side jobs from home, it is important to review websites that allow you to post your availability for jobs in your area, do remote work or bid on a job offered by an employer. You can use these side jobs for extra money by offering your services during your free time.
- Care.com. Care.com lets you create a profile for free and search for caregiver jobs in your area. Caregiver jobs include child care, senior care, pet care and housekeeping.
- Upwork.com. Upwork.com allows employers and businesses to post small jobs that freelancers can apply for. Work is usually temporary, but can include web and mobile development, design, writing, customer service, marketing, accounting and more.
- Rover.com. If you are a pet lover and would like to make extra income, Rover.com allows you to create a free profile and offer dog walking, house sitting, pet boarding and drop-in visits to pet owners within your area.
Unique Ways to Make Extra Money
There are several unique and creative ways to make money from home. If you are wondering how to make extra money fast, consider getting extra income from methods such as:
- Sell your belongings online. You can make money online pretty easily if you have items that you no longer have any use for. Just sell your unwanted items on Craigslist, eBay or another online marketplace. If you intend to use Craigslist, you can also pick up free stuff that others have listed and then resell these items on your own account. You may also be able to find items at local garage sales or flea markets that will sell better online.
- Sell your photos. If you have an eye for photography, one creative way to make money online is to sell your photos to stock photo agencies such as iStock, Shutterstock and other similar companies. Most photo agencies will pay you a percentage each time someone downloads your photo.
- Rent out your room or home. You can make extra cash by renting out a room or a home on websites such as Airbnb. Alternatively, you can find a more permanent or long-term roommate on websites such as Roommate.com or by posting an ad on Craigslist. Just make sure to take precautions to ensure your safety when vetting people you don’t know.
- Become a secret shopper. Being a secret shopper can be a fun experience that can help you make extra cash in person. Secret shoppers are asked to report on various aspects of retail locations, movie theaters, restaurants and more. You may be asked to review the cleanliness of a store, its customer service or your overall experience. Some expenses may be reimbursed in addition to the payment you receive for your review.
- Offer to drive people around. Apps such as Lyft and Uber allow you to drive people around in your local area during your free time, making these apps an easy way to make extra money. You can also make money fast by renting out your car to drivers using services like Getaround.com.
Remote Part-Time Jobs
If you need side money, you may want to consider a remote part-time job. Remote work offers a lot of great benefits, including the ability to schedule your own hours around a full-time job or other responsibilities. There are a number of different industries that hire remotely now, including:
- Freelance writing, journalism and technical writing.
- Customer service.
- Data entry.
Many remote positions do not require a college education or degree of any kind. However, some career paths will require additional education in order to qualify for a position. While you can earn extra cash with a remote part-time job, it is important to be aware of the potential drawbacks of these types of positions.
Generally, you will not be considered an “employee,” as many remote employers hire workers on a contract basis. This means that you will be self-employed. Taxes are handled differently for self-employed workers. Unlike with traditional careers, there is less job security in contract work, and employers do not generally offer benefits such as health insurance, 401k or continuing education opportunities.